This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the Anantlife Terms of Service ("Terms of Service"). Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service. Prior to using the Service, you are also required to review and agree to Anantlife's informed consent ("Informed Consent") and Terms of Service.
In general, the information that we collect through the Service is transferred to laboratories for genetic analysis and to support laboratory operations, including quality control and validation studies. Your information may also be used for research and development, to provide additional services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide client support. Some of the specific categories of information we collect and the reasons for collecting it include the following:
- Personally Identifiable Information. When you use the Service, we collect what is generally called "personally identifiable information" or PII, which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of PII include name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card or other billing information. PII also includes other information, such as date of birth or geographic area, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
- Personal and Family Health Information. In order to perform the Service, we also request certain information about your health and that of your biological family, including demographic information such as ancestry, age and sex. Personal and Family Health Information also includes information about your history of certain health conditions, your family history of those conditions and any known genetic mutations in you or your family members. In order for the Service to perform as intended, you must provide the most accurate information possible.
- Healthcare Provider Information. Individuals using the Service may also provide us with information about their healthcare providers. Healthcare providers using the Service may provide us with information about their patients and their practices, including NPI numbers, fax numbers, and the name, job title, and contact information of other providers involved in an individual's care.
- Client Support Information. We may collect personal information through your communications with our client support team and use the information to respond to your inquiries.
When accessing our online services, we may collect, store, and use the following additional information:
- "Cookies" Information. To improve and customize your experience with the Service, we may send one or more cookies -- small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters -- to your device when you use the Service. We may use both session cookies that disappear after you close your browser and persistent cookies that remain after you close your browser and may be used automatically by the browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn how to adjust your cookie settings. Note that some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
- DNT Requests. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a "Do Not Track" (DNT) or similar feature that signals to digital services that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity tracked. If a digital service that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that digital service from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser's user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, we and many other digital service operators do not respond to DNT signals.
- "Automatically Collected" Information. When you use online services, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information will help us customize and improve your experience with the Service and includes your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with Anantlife email messages, such as whether you opened or clicked on a message, to improve the Service. We use "automatically collected" information to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized content and information; or (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and third-party marketing activities.
Except as described in this Policy, the Informed Consent, and the Terms of Service, we will not disclose your information that we collect through the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We may release your protected health information only as set forth in the Informed Consent. This includes use of such information to perform the Service, and disclosure to others involved in your care, including doctors, counselors, and other healthcare providers.
- We may use and disclose your protected health information to bill and collect payment from you, your employer, or other responsible third party for the Service you receive from Anantlife.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, analytics, payment processing, hosting, maintenance, support ticketing, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is minimally necessary for them to perform their job functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may share aggregated, de-identified information, for example aggregated trends about the general use of our Service, publicly and with our partners (which information will not include protected health information).
- We may work with third party advertising partners to show ads for our Services that we think may interest you after you visit our Service. These third party partners collect non-personally identifying information from you when you visit our website and other websites.
- We may anonymize, store, and use your sample, information, and results for internal quality control, validation studies, and research and development. This will assist Anantlife with improving its laboratory processes and developing new genetic testing services.
- With your consent, we may also use your anonymized sample, genetic information, personal health information, and results in Anantlife's research with third party collaborators. Anantlife may engage in research with third parties like universities, hospitals, government institutions, or private companies to develop new tests, validate technologies, or improve existing technologies or processes. You can opt out of such third party research by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you have agreed to share your information in the past and decide to opt out of third party research, Anantlife cannot exclude your data from research performed with your prior permission, but will cease to share your data in third party research going forward.
- We may also disclose your information that we believe in good faith is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service; address fraud, security, or technical issues; comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; or protect against harm to Anantlife or others to the extent required or permitted by law.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- In addition to using your information for the Service, we may use your information to: (i) contact you for administrative communications, such as by sending you an email to confirm that you have ordered the Anantlife Test, or to send a Anantlife Test result notification; or (ii) send promotional communications, including updates on products and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality of the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, or analytics in the ordinary course of business. We may also retain such information for the satisfaction of our legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. Information that has already been de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated may not be retrievable or traced back for destruction, deletion, or amendment.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. All data on our servers is encrypted when it is at rest or in transit. All personal data (genetic or otherwise) is encrypted when it is stored on our servers, and is always transmitted over SSL. Internally, strict guidelines and access controls ensure that your data is protected.
We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. You agree that Anantlife is not liable for the unauthorized release of your results or personal information, unless such release was the result of gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Anantlife. In the event of a data breach, we intend to comply with all federal and provincial reporting requirements.
The Service is hosted in Canada and is intended for clients globally. If you choose to use the Service from other regions of the world, then by your use of the Service you acknowledge and agree that: (i) you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the Canada for genetic analysis, storage and processing; (ii) the laws and regulations of the Canada regarding data privacy and collection, use, processing, and storage of patient information govern your use of the Service and provision of your information, and may differ from those of your country of residence; and (iii) as per your acceptance of the Informed Consent, you permit your personal information to be used for the purposes set forth therein. Also, we may transfer your data from the Canada to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such use, transfer, storage, and processing. You further agree that by providing your sample, you are not violating any export ban or other legal restriction in the country of your residence.
Clients who are domiciled outside of the Canada in certain jurisdictions may have the option of requesting that their personal information be deleted at any time from our active databases, subject to the applicable laws and regulations of such jurisdiction. Please note that deletion of this information prior to completion of the Service will result in a cancellation of the Service, and no results will be provided to you. Although we can delete your personal information from our active databases, some or all of your personal information will remain archived in back-ups for compliance with legal, regulatory, and other requirements. Information that has already been de-identified, anonymized, and/or aggregated may not be retrievable or traced back for destruction, deletion, or amendment. If you choose to have your personal information deleted from our active databases, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy becomes effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.